- What is a Virtual Number/ DID Number /DDI Number?
A Virtual number is a telephone number without a directly-associated phone line. Usually these numbers are programmed to be forwards incoming calls to one of the pre-set telephone numbers chosen by the client, fixed, mobile or voice over IP. DID Number is also called DID Number / DDI Number /Online Number .
- What is a Virtual PBX?
Virtual Private Branch Exchange VPBX Definition. Virtual PBX is a privately held communications service provider that claims to have invented the type of private branch exchange technology called a virtual PBX. We also provide free Fully hosted PBX with all numbers in form of Phone.Systems (PBXWW)
- Why Would I Use a Virtual Number?
The advent of Virtual Numbers (DID) services provides people with access to local telephone numbers in most countries on a worldwide basis. These numbers are then forwarded by companies such as BuyVirtualNumber to PSTN (Plain Old Telephone System), VoIP or VoIM devices anywhere in the world.
Essentially, this means that:
1. International and long distance telephone calls are made with the caller only paying local call rates. For example, your family lives in Paris, France but you live in NY, USA. You would like your family to be able to call you, but the long distance rates from France are very costly. If you purchase a Paris DID, anyone dialing that local number in Paris would connect to your phone in NY, but they would pay only local phone number rates.
2. You are able to add telephone numbers to your phone line so that you are no longer restricted to one telephone number per line. For example, you live in NY, USA but you have family in Paris, London and Beijing. You if you purchase DID numbers in Paris, London and Beijing, then anyone dialing those local numbers would connect to your phone in NY, USA.
3. Conventional telephone calls may be terminated at non-PSTN devices if desired, for example VoIP, or GTalk. This has particular relevance for VoIP communications, as it allows people connected to the traditional PSTN network to call people connected to VoIP networks. Moreover these basic functions of DID numbers, there are many additional uses for local numbers. For example, consider the issue of privacy. If users place classified advertisements in a newspaper and they wish prospective buyers to contact them without publishing their own, private telephone number, a temporary local number could be provided by the newspaper.
- What is SIP Phone?
A SIP phone is a special VoIP phone that provides the traditional call functions of a telephone, such as dial, answer, reject, hold/unhold, and call transfer. SIP phones may be implemented as a hardware device (adapter to your regular phone) or as a softphone. An IP phone uses Voice over IP technologies allowing telephone calls to be made over an IP network such as the internet instead of the·ordinary·PSTN system.
- What is Regular Phone (PSTN) Forwarding?
This function allows you to receive calls to your DID numbers on regular land line or mobile phones. No internet, PC or VoIP services are required. Remember that in this case you pay a per-minute forwarding charges as well.
- Can I receive calls on wireless/mobile phones?
Yes! Whether you are working from your home office or on the road, we are able to send calls to you wherever you are.
- Can I Have a Voicemail for my Virtual Number?
Yes, we provide FREE voicemail services.
All you need to do is forward Number to Phone.systems (PBXWW).
Launch Phone.Systems and set up wide range of call routing scenarios.
Kindly check Details of setup here
- Do you have local Virtual Numbers in my area?
We offer the service in more then 70 countries. See the full list of our Virtual Number coverage.
- What equipment will I need?
None. The service is run from our equipment. In the event of call transfers, we transfer the calls to any working phone number you already have. You don't have to change a thing!
- Why should I choose your company?
We are an established organization We offer very compatitive prices. We offer some of the fastest support reply times in the industry, and we do so 7 days per week. Other companies may not be available to assist you over the weekend should you need assistance. Our service is very easy to use!
- Do I Have to Renew my Virtual Number Every Month?
You may purchase services for a period of 1, 3, 6, 12 or 24 months. In addition, there is an "auto-renew" option that facilitates the automatically renewal of the selected service. You will be sent an email prior to the expiry of a virtual Number·subscription period or when automatic renewals have been performed
- Can I Make Outgoing Calls From BuyVirtualNumber ?
Yes, BuyVirtualNumber provides outgoing calls service as well.
You will need to forward Number to "Phone.systems" ( PBXWW ) option.
Once you have forwarded same to Phone.systems, Launch "Phone.Systems" and Create sip settings by using " Person " Object.
For Placing outgoing calls you will require to add credit to your account.
- How much I will pay for call forwarding?
Call Forwarding Service has different rates for different countries' phone numbers. Furthermore, the rates vary on the DID number that you choose. Please visit our rates for complete rate plans.
- When Do I Pay the Activation Fee?
The setup fee paid only once when you purchase the Virtualnumber.
- Can I Use BuyVirtualNumber Phone Numbers for Receiving Faxes?
Yes, we Provide FREE Fax2Email . To use our FREEFax2Email Service Kindly Change forwarding on number to Phone.Systems Option. Launch Phone.systems and setup FAX2Email Service.
- Are the DID phone numbers exclusive?
Yes. The phone numbers services that BuyVirtualNumber offers and are assigned to your account are unique and does not require your callers to enter an extension number. It is your dedicated and private phone number for your use and distribution. Virtual Number will help you to:save money, increase you're business ,save on roaming and protect your privacy.
- How do I report a service problem?
Simply contact us by logging in to your account and create a ticket , in my " My Tickets " section.
- Can I forward my new international Virtual number to Linphone?
Yes you can.
You need to create Free SIP account on Linphone using link here
Once you have created a username, simply Login into your account on our website, Click on "My Numbers", Click on "Details" in front of number you wish to change forwarding. Click on "Change forwarding "and select "Linphone".
Enter your username of Linphone in "Details" Box. Click on "Update", number will start to forward calls to Linphone .
You will be able to answer calls on Linphone PC or Linphone Mobile Apps
- Forwarding to GTALK not working ?
Kindly Note call forwarding to Gtalk is No more supported
- What will my callers hear when they dial my Virtual Number?
Calls are connected very quickly. The caller will hear normal call processing as with any other call they may make.
- Does Call Forwarding to Skype Work?
Skype Forwarding is NO More supported due to change in API of Microsoft.
- Is my privacy protected?
- Can I Send or Receive SMS with your DID Number?
- Would I See the Caller ID?
We offer Caller-ID recognition only for calls within the country. However, Caller-ID can also be recognized for international calls, it depends on many factors which influence the Caller-ID, as: the carrier from which the call was made, the terminator of the number, etc. The·Virtual Number is forwarded with Caller-ID from our carrier exactly how we get it and therefore·BuyVirtualNumber cannot control the Caller-ID for international calls. For Skype mapping, currently the called party will be seen as called from skype
- Can I use your Virtual Number service for callback system?
Yes, it is possible. Just note, that you will be asked to purchase Special channels to be used for callback service.
- Is number porting in·available?
We support porting in. If you are interested in porting your numbers to us via contact form .
- Is number porting·out available?
Porting of DID numbers away from us is supported. Please note that this facility is not available in all countries.
- Do you Support IAX /Asterisk /FREE PBX /Commercial Softswitches?
Yes, we support forwarding to IAX ,Asterisk ,FreePBX .
You can even configure commercial voip soft switches. All you Need to do is configure ALL our 24 ips in IP Range below
18.104.22.168 - 22.214.171.124
126.96.36.199 - 188.8.131.52
184.108.40.206 - 220.127.116.11
18.104.22.168 - 22.214.171.124
IAX Settings ( ALL 24 Inbound Trunks to be created )can be found at IAX
Asterisk Sample settings ( ALL 24 Inbound Trunks to be created ) can be found at Virtual Number provider for Asterisk
FreePBX Sample Settings ( ALL 24 Inbound Trunks to be created )can be found at FreePBX Forwarding Setup
- Can I Pick any Virtual Number that I Want?
All numbers are automatically assigned to the customer's account by our system. Therefore, it is not possible for customers to choose their local numbers.
- How Do I Pay for the Virtual Number?
The payment is done via·Visa, MasterCard , American Express, PayPal.
- Can I Buy Additional Channels for my Virtual (DID) Number?
All DIDs are provided with Two dedicated (non-shared) channels. Additional channels may be purchased as required, depending on the country in which the local telephone number has been procured. For requests regarding additional channel, please contact us. Toll-free numbers provided with 300 dedicated channels and Channels on Toll Free Numbers Can be increased for Free to any number for Free upon request.